The 2020 RMIT – Sao Mai Center for the Blind Opportunity Scholarship is one of the co-operation programs between RMIT University Vietnam and Sao Mai Center for the Blind, signed on March 18th 2020. With hope to open up equal opportunities in learning for the disadvantaged, promote positive role models and boost young’s people motivation to achieve success, Sao Mai Center is now calling for applications from all qualified candidates. Sao Mai Center is going to collect applications, identify and shortlist applicants on behalf of RMIT Vietnam, and refer the most outstanding student to RMIT for the final decision. The scholarship is offered in the academic year of 2020 and may be granted annually depending on the University's plan and the program's level of success. To all individuals/organisations for the blind, please share this information to your friends and partners.
Visit this webpage for the latest official information from RMIT Vietnam.
- 100% English and Higher Education tuition fee and RMIT Vietnam’s compulsory non-academic fees;
- Monthly living stipend of VND 6,000,000;
- Monthly off-campus accommodation of VND 5,000,000 (if applicable);
- A laptop (if applicable);
- Home travel allowance (if applicable).
- Be a Vietnamese national;
- Have completed High School with grade 12 GPA of minimum 7.0/ 10.0;
- Be visual impaired and financially disadvantaged;
- Be referred by Sao Mai Center for the Blind.
1. Academic potential
- Evidence of achievement in school or educational activities;
- Clear and well-written application.
2. Professional & Leadership potential
- Evidence of self-awareness and achievable study, career, and life goals;
- Evidence of leadership, collaboration and initiative in school or community activities.
3. Personal attributes
- Evidence of involvement in school or community activities that demonstrate positive personal qualities.
Note: Once accepted, this scholarship cannot be transferred to another degree program.
How to apply
1. Check your eligibility
2. Prepare your documents
- Fill in the Scholarship Application Form
- A notarised copy of your High School Diploma and Academic Transcripts
- Two ID photos (size 3x4) taken at most 6 months prior to application
- A copy of your ID card or passport
- A current copy of your CV
- Any evidence of English language ability (if any)
- Evidence of your financial status
- Two reference letters (from 300 to maximum 500 words/each letter) which support the eligibility of the applicant for the scholarship and clearly state the reasons why the applicant should be selected using the above listed Selection Criteria. One reference letter must be from a community organisation that you have been involved with for at least 1 year (involved activities: volunteering with, working with, being sponsored, etc.), and the other must be from your teacher/school.
- Personal statement: A letter (from 300 to maximum 500 words) stating why you should be awarded the scholarship against the above listed Selection Criteria. Please use the following to guide your writing:
- Your intended major (program) and goals for university
- What education in your intended program will help you achieve
- Why RMIT should select you as an opportunity scholarship recipient
- Your relevant academic, extracurricular, school, community and leadership activities
3. Submit your application
Submit all documents to Sao Mai Center for the Blind before 5 pm (GMT+7) Friday, 30 July 2020 via:
- email by sending your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of your email must be ‘Your full name_RMIT – Sao Mai Center for the Blind Opportunity Scholarship 2020 Application’.
- postal service or in-person to Sao Mai Center for the Blind address below. The mail subject should be ‘Your full name_RMIT – Sao Mai Center for the Blind Opportunity Scholarship 2020 Application’.
Sao Mai Center for the Blind
Address: 52/22 Huynh Thien Loc St., Hoa Thanh ward, Tan Phu Dist., HCM, Vietnam.
Tel: +84 28 7302 4488
- 5 pm, 30 July 2020: Deadline for applications
- 11 August 2020: Interview for shortlisted applicants *
- 7 September 2020: Scholarship recipients notified
* Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Interview date is subject to change.
Before applying, we recommend reading the "Scholarship terms and conditions".