Welcome to SM-BungSang, A software library to transcribe music into high-quality Braille scores!
We have developed this web version to showcase the library's features and to offer a free online tool for quickly converting small music scores into Braille.
For a more complete Braille translation solution, please try our Sao Mai Braille software.
We offer the SM-BungSang software library to those who are interested in integrating a high-quality Braille music translation solution into their software or accessible book production systems. Our software engineers will collaborate with you to ensure a smooth connection and integration across various platforms.
To support us in maintaining, improving, and developing new features for the library, we welcome and highly appreciate any ideas for collaborative projects. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.
Click here to start translating Braille music online using the SM-BungSang engine! Alternatively, continue reading for further instructions on using it.
Steps to Translate Music Braille Online
- Go to: Translate Music Score into Braille page.
- Browse for MusicXML score file.
- Select part(s) to translate from the list, or input part number in the field right below.
- Choose a translation settings profile to be applied to translate. You can also customize its settings shown in the form below.
The Settings profile list shows available configuration profiles for both guest and signed-in users. If you are signed in with Transcriber role, it will also list your custom profiles.
- Choose "Translate into Braille" button to convert score into Braille. It should inform when translation process is done.
- Braille result is shown in an edit field below the "Translate into Braille" button. Choose "Download file" button to save result as .BRF file to your computer.
Manage Translation Settings Profile
Request for Transcriber Member Role
Currently, this Braille music translation settings profile management feature is available for only registered users with Transcriber role. To apply, follow steps below:
- Register an account.
- Make a request to upgrade to Transcriber member role by completing this Upgrade Account form. Please note, you must sign in to access this form either via provided link, or find it on "User menu".
- Wait for us to approve and you should get an email update within 48 hours. If not hearing from us, please drop us an email at: email@example.com
Manage Settings Profile
- Go to Settings Profile page.
- On the left, is the list of customizable profiles for your account. On the main content, it shows Braille transcription option groups of current opened profile.
- Make any preferred changes, then:
- Choose "Save" button: to save changes to the current opened profile.
- Choose "Save as": it will appear an edit field to input new profile name, and back to "Save as" button, then activate it to save current settings into a new profile.
- "Reset" to restore current profile to default settings.
- Choose "Delete": to remove current opened profile. It won't allow to remove if there's only one profile left.
Our Sincere Thanks To:
The Overbrook-Nippon Network on Educational Technology (ON-NET): to provide the very important initial funding support to start the development of Sao Mai Braille, in which music Braille translation feature was one of its main features. The funding for music Braille work supported from ON-NET was in project year 2019.
- The DAISY Music Braille project: for their funding support to improve and develop many more new music Braille transcription features, as well as for our team to contribute Braille related features for the free open-source Musescore music notation software. The work has been started from January 2021 - June 2023.