- Born in Ba Ria, about 70 Km from HCMC. Being totally blind at the age of nine (1991) by a landmine explosion.
- Joined the Bung Sang School for the Blind in HCM from 1992-2007.
- Attended secondary school program at Le Loi/Hoang Van Thu and high school program at Nguyen Chi Thanh.
- Major in English linguistics at the HCM College of Social Sciences & Humanities.
- Hobbies: song writing and playing some instruments such as Guitar, Piano and some Vietnamese traditional music instruments; more focused on Piano later at the Saigon Music school. Find out more about his songs in the album Nu tinh oi written in 2000s.
- Attended the 2-year Bung Sang Computer Project in HCM, sponsored by the Mantovan Association, Italy, 1999-2001.
- Worked as Sao Mai computer instructor for the blind, board member, vice director since 2002, and
- Now serving as the executive director of the Sao Mai Center for the Blind.