- Read Sao Mai Braille user guide online
- What's new in Sao Mai Braille's releases
- Watch our videos on how to use Sao Mai Braille on Youtube
- Help to translate Sao Mai Braille into other languages
Sao Mai Braille (SMB) is a free rich text editing and Braille translation software for Windows, developed by Sao Mai Center for the Blind. We hope that this additional tool will help blind individuals/organizations for/of visually impaired people produce Braille materials quickly and less costly.
Sao Mai Center is a non-profit organization based in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. Read more about us.
SMB main features:
- Editing and translating rich text into Braille.
- 6-key input method with FDSJKL and VCXM,.
- Supporting to translate into Braille for more than 60 languages with the LibLouis library.
- Working and translating into Braille correctly with popular document formats such as Microsoft Word (*.doc, *.docx).
- Allowing to translate document written in multiple languages by their correct Braille translation table.
- Inputting math equations and translating into Braille (UEB standard).
- Inserting, editing and converting images into Braille tactile graphic.
- Translating music scores in MusicXML format into Braille.
- Highly customizing translation options to process Braille formats with built-in styles set.
- Multi-lingual user interface.
- Providing full speech support for both user interface and inside document editing window.
Installation and Registration
SMB uses very limited computer resource and have no special system requirements. It has been tested on Windows 7, 8 and 10 for both 32-bit and 64-bit. However, SMB is expected to run without any problems on older Windows like XP or Vista. SMB requires administration right during the installation progress. Download links are at the end of this post.
Steps to install SMB are simple and similar to many other Windows applications, run the setup file and follow the instructions.
Please read the What's New in Sao Mai Braille's Releases to know more about new features, improvements and existing issues.
Please fill out the form below to download the software. If you cannot download, please contact us.
We are a non-profit organization and we rely on donations and grants to continue improving, developing new assistive tools and providing free related services for visually impaired people. So, your giving a hand is highly appreciated and much thankful. Please read our Letter of Appeal for more information.