At Sao Mai we use a Team approach for our activities and work. Our basic teams are:
- Music (includes musical instruments and music software)
- Computer and IT Training
- Vocational Training and Jobs
- Products - Services (includes Digital Library and software for the blind)
- Mr. Dang Hoai Phuc - Executive Director
- Mr. Hoang Xuan Linh - Vice Director (Chief Engineer)
- Mr. Len Ho Xuan Vinh - Vice Director (in charge of Public Relations/Trainer)
- Mr. Dang Manh Cuong - Member (in charge of Computer and IT Training/Trainer)
- Mr. Ly Van Hoang - Member (in charge of Products and Services /Trainer)
- Mr. Nguyen Manh Hung - Member (in charge of Vocational Training and Jobs/Trainer)
- Mr. Nguyen Thanh Son - Member (in charge of Administration/Trainer)
In addition to the regular members in the Executive Board, we have some full-time staff and some part-time staff who work on our projects. Sao Mai staff members are flexible enough to coordinate activities and operate in different teams and projects.
Here, their title only shows their main duty.
- Ms. Dang Thi My Tien - Assistant/Translator
- Ms. Tran Thi Tuyet Van - Administration
- Mr. Nguyen Tan Huyen - Music Teacher
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Hong Van - Material Production
- Ms. Nguyen Gia Han - Material Production
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Bich Nga - Material Production
- Ms. Phan Nhat Anh - Material Production
Volunteers and Experts
Volunteers and experts have collaborated with Sao Mai since it was established. They come from all walks of life. Some are students, some are professionals, some have knowledge and experience to share, some just want to understand our work and help us as they can. Some act as partners in our programs and projects.
Volunteers give their time and expertise and often leave with a new vision and perception of the world of the visually impaired and of disability in general.
Among the many who worked with us, here we can mention just a few, but we thank them all for having stepped in and spent time with us.
Ms Nguyen Duyen, Ms Nghiem Minh Giang and Mr Vu Anh Dung are among the many volunteers who worked with us.
Along the years we had the contribution of many experts, providing different kinds of support to Sao Mai. For example:
Mr Victor Tsaran, now working at Google as the Accessibility director.
Mr. Nguyen Van Hiep, who developed a software package for the blind and gave it to us.
Mr. Billy Parker, the Contracts Dept. Director from National Industries for the Blind, from the US. That's the US national organization to promote employment for the blind.
Larry Campbell, former director of ONNET.
Ms Wenru Niu, the successor of Larry for the ONNET director position.
- Mr. Nguyen Van Chi - President of HCM Save Disabled Children Association
- Ms. Pham Viet Thu - Lawyer/Vice President of HCM Save Disabled Children Association
- Mr. Amedeo Pignatelli - Founder of Sao Mai Center and collaborator
- Mr. Carlo Pizzato - Founder of Sao Mai Center
- Mr. Nguyen Quang Thong - Principal of Tan Tien Foreign Language School
- Istituto dei Ciechi Francesco Cavazza, Bologna, Italy (Institute for the Blind)